Understand your IELTS Score
IELTS Results are calculated on a Band scale of 9.The scores are represented on a scale from 1 (lowest) to 9 (highest). Here is a table representing the description of each IELTS band score from 0-9.
- Full operational command over the English Language
- Complete understanding of the language
- Using the English appropriately, accurately & fluently
Very Good User
- Full operational command over the English Language with seldom inaccuracy & inappropriate usage.
- Misunderstand some things due to unknown situations.
- Can handle complex argumentation
- Operational command over the English language with some inaccuracies, improper use & misunderstanding in some situations
- Ability to handle complex language
- Understand detailed reasoning
- Effective command over the English Language with rare inaccuracies, wrong usage & some misunderstandings
- Fair understanding & usage of English in likely situations
- Practical command over the English Language.
- Understand overall meaning though you tend to make many mistakes.
- Can handle basic communication in familiar situations
- Basic competency is limited to well-known situations.
- Frequent problems in understanding & expressing the meaning.
- Incapability to use complex language
Extremely Limited User
- Convey & understand the general meaning in likely situations.
- Frequent failures in communication
- Inability to use English Language except for a few isolated words
- Great difficulty to understand as well as speak and write English Language
Did not attempt the Test
- Did not answer any questions