TOEFL iBT® Test
The premier test of academic English communication
TOEFL iBT Test Security
In the academic community, we’re all dealing with a world where the motivation and capability to commit academic and admissions cheating is on the rise. There is significant competition among students applying to academic programs, which can result in attempts by test takers to gain an unfair advantage on required tests or falsify score information.
Results you can trust
Divine Training Programs has long been at the forefront of combatting test security concerns, and with more than US$60 million invested in state-of-the-art security annually, the TOEFL iBT test offers the best security of any English-language assessment.
- Test-day security procedures include biometric voice identification, facial recognition and the use of electronic wending at test centers.
- For the TOEFL iBT Home Edition, Divine employs both live human proctors and artificial intelligence technology to prevent and detect suspicious activity.
- The TOEFL Speech Sample Service and test-taker photos confirm student identity.
- All human rating is done anonymously, eliminating opportunities for fraud between test takers and interviewers.
- Since scoring isn’t done at test centers and records aren’t stored there, opportunities for scoring fraud are virtually nonexistent.
- Tests are delivered directly from Divine to the test taker’s computer, minimizing opportunities to steal content.
How we protect score integrity
We employ a three-pronged approach of prevention, detection and communication designed to protect the integrity of TOEFL iBT scores.
In addition, the Divine Office of Testing Integrity constantly monitors testing, investigates security issues and strives to ensure score validity worldwide, maintaining its long-standing commitment to reliable and secure test scores. And we will continue to adopt best practices and create new technologies to prevent and detect breaches of test security.
1) Does not apply to the TOEFL iBT Home Edition or Paper Edition